Along with eating healthier and local we have started using essential oils to treat everyday ailments instead of turning to chemicals and other product that are not really good for us. So when we were given the opportunity to review Puritan’s pride essential oils I was excited to try their products and share them with my viewers for a giveaway as well! Today I am going to share lots of essential oil uses!!
Puritan’s Pride is a company that offers many different products, they offer vitamins, essential oils, and more. They are also offering a huge summer sale where you can buy 1 get 2 or buy 1 get 1 free! Stop over and check out their store for all your essential oil and multivitamin needs!
We were given the following essential oils Peppermint, Thyme, Clove Bud, Lemon, Eucalyptus, Cinnamon Leaf, Rosemary, and Tea Tree Oil. There are many uses for these great essential oils today I am going to share some of them. Below all of the uses is a giveaway for the 9 essential oils in the post from Puritan’s Pride!!
Tea Tree Oil
- Use tea tree oil to make you grungy looking pans shine agin
- Treats many types of fungus infections of the feet
- To treat an abscess tooth
- Improves respiratory system
- To treat acne ~ put a few drops on a q-tip and apply right on the acne
- Boils ~ Put a warm washcloth on the affected area then put 1-2 drops of the oil right on the boil infection will come to the top and soon be released.
- Burns ~ add 5 drops of oil with 1 tsp of raw honey and apply 3-5 times a day.
- Head lice ~ Mix 20 drops of oil with 2 TBS shampoo, massage into hair leave in for 10 minutes, then rinse. Continue 3-4 times daily until eggs are gone.
- Insect bites ~ Apply a drop of oil to the insect bite.
- Congestion ~ boil 2-3 drops in a pan of hot water and breathe in the steam.
- Chicken Pox ~ put 1 drop of oil directly onto blister then dust with cornstarch. Continue every few hours until the blisters dissapear.
- Sore Throat ~ 2 drops oil, 1 cup warm water, pinch of sea salt. Gargle 2-3 times daily. DO NOT SWALLOW!!
- Increased Immune System ~ Rubbed onto soles of feet.
- Rashes ~ Mix with coconut oil and rub into affected area.
- Bee Stings ~ Apply a single drop to the effected area and massage in.
- Calming hyperactive children ~ Apply to the soles of feet for an affect that calms the body.
- Insomnia ~ Put a drop into your tea or use aromatically for a way to bring on sleep.
- Rashes ~ 3 or 4 drops into 1 tsp of coconut oil massage into rash 1-2 times a day.
- Restless Legs ~ To help soothe the nervous and muscular system massage into legs and feet.
- Sore Muscles ~ 2-3 drops to 1 tsp of coconut oil for relief of sore muscles (works great after exercise)
- Calming children down at night ~ use a diffuser with 2-3 drops before bed to calm children down and get them sleepy.
- Remove stickers ~ 3 drops onto a washcloth place washcloth onto sticker to remove easily.
- Soothe Sore Feet ~ 3-4 drops in warm water soak feet to help soothe sore feet.
- Homemade Vapo Rub ~ Mix 2 TBS coconut oil with 20 drops of eucalyptus and peppermint oil. Rub on chest, neck or feet of child.
- Headaches ~ put a few drops into your shower and breathe in for headache relief.
- Carpet powder ~ Mix baking soda, borax, and oil. leave on carpet for a while then vacuum it up,
- Grease Stain Remover ~ dab what you can off, put 1-2 drops of oil on stain, let sit for 10-15 min, wash normally, DO NOT dry in dryer!! Hang or flat dry.
- Cold/flu/allergy ~ 2 oz raw coconut oil, 10 drops of oil, 5 drops of lavender oil. Rub a little on chest. Helps with congestion and relaxes sick child.
- Clear up chest congestion ~ Few drops in bath or sauna to help with breathing.
- Soothe nausea put a drop on your wrist to help with motion sickness and nausea
- Headaches ~ Mix with a small amount of carrier oil a drop of oil rub on temples, over sinuses, and back of neck to help headache and pressure.
- Improve Alertness ~ put a drop under your nose to help improve your alertness
- Scent your trash ~ Add a few drops to the bottom of your trash can to add a pleasant smell.
- Control Ants ~ Soak a cotton ball in the oil and put it in the path of the ants which they do not like.
- Flavor your tea ~ Add a drop to your tea to add a pepperminty taste.
- Upset Stomach ~ Rub 3 drops on your abdomen to help cure an upset stomach.
- Clear Up Airways ~ Rub 1 drop onto chest to help clear up airways
- Helps Improve Neurological Symptoms In Children ~ 1 drop mixed with 1 1/2 TBS of coconut oil rubbed into chest helps balance strong emotions and helps support and regenerate the nervous system.
- Hives ~ dilute 1 drop of oil with 2 tsp of coconut oil apply to affected site for relief.
- Meat flavor ~
- Thyme Bath at first sign of runny nose
- Cough and cold relief ~
- Stop Bruises ~ Rub a drop on area that you bang to help promote healing and reduce/eliminate the bruising.
- Ease sinusitis and mucus congestion
- Help with aches and pains
- Use as a mouthwash ~ Because of the antiseptic properties add
- Great at treating whopping cough, bronchitis, and upper respiratory tract infections, use to expectorant properties.
- Yoga Mat Cleaner ~ mix 1 cup white vinegar, 1 tsp tea tree oil, and 20-30 drops of peppermint, lavender, and thyme. Put into spray bottle for your own Yoga Mat cleaner
- Disinfect the air chemical free ~ 4 drops added to 1 quart of water put into a spray bottle with sterilize the air and add a wonderful scent.
- Energy boost ~ 2 drops off lemon 2 drops of peppermint essential oils in a glass of water and drink for an all natural energy boost.
- Alleviate heartburn ~ 2 drops in a class of water and drink. lemon neutralizes acid which is what causes heartburn.
- Improve memory ~ 3 drops lemon and 3 drops rosemary essential oils in a diffuser will improve memory.
- Improve laundry scent ~ Add a few drops to your laundry (especially those loads that get forgotten) it will remove all smells.
- Removes Sticky things ~ put a few drops onto skin, clothes, carpet to remove sap, stickers, or other sticky things.
- Remove Grease ~ After working on the car or bike use a few drops to remove grease
- Treat Cold Sores ~ Few drops of oil onto sore will soothe the pain instantly.
- Softens Skin ~ Regularly add a few drops to your calluses, corns, or other dry skin for super soft skin.
Clove Essential Oil:
- Help sensitive teeth ~ Add 3 drops oil to a 1/2 cup of warm water swish in your mouth for 2 minutes and spit out.
- Teething relief ~ Mix 3 TBS olive oil and 3 drops of clove oil store in dark glass bottle. Shake well and apply sparingly to gums with tip of your finger reapply every hour to 2 hours as needed.
Cinnamon Essential oil: Cinnamon oil is a potent oil and is not recommended for pregnant women without consultation with your doctor. It is a very HOT oil and should only be applied to skin very diluted or it could burn the skin.
- Control Diabetes: Add 1-2 drops to your food to help regulate blood sugar.
- Physical Fatigue ~ Add a few drops to your warm bath to help increase circulation and blood flow to the brain as well as increase energy levels when infused.
- Help speed up pneumonia healing ~ Diffuse cinnamon oil into bedroom of sick person to help speed up the healing process.
- Boost Immune System ~ Add a drop of oil to a glass of water to combat infection.
- Flavor Food ~ Adding cinnamon to foods can help give you good antioxidants, and immune system boost.
- Ant Control ~ Wipe counters with a cloth of cinnamon oil and the ants will stay far away.
- Garden Fungus ~ When diluted to 1% concentration with water and spray on plants to get rid of fungus on plants, and any bugs around.
- Foot Fungus ~ dilute cinnamon oil 1% to warm water soak feet and it will kill any fungus or athletes food.
- Increased memory alertness, and concentration ~ Put a few drops in a diffuser for enhanced memory clarity,
- Fibromyalgia ~ Put a few drops in a diffuser to help with the cognitive issues.
- Helps lessen depression symptoms ~ Rosemary can help with depression symptoms when added to a diffuser, or a couple drops of oil added to washcloths and sniffing as needed.
- Improve Acne ~ Mix 6 drops rosemary and 2 tsp of coconut oil. Clean face and then apply to blemishes.
- Natural Migraine and Tension Headache Relief ~ 5 drops of rosemary and 1 tsp coconut oil mixed together and applies to temples and then to the back of the neck to help relieve migraine and tension headaches.
- Relieve achy muscles and pains ~ 3 drops of rosemary oil
- Relieve stomach aches ~ add 3 drops of rosemary to 1 tsp of coconut oil rub around naval area.
What are your favorite uses for any of these Essential Oils? Leave a comment letting me know I would love to hear your ideas!!
Check back this weekend, I will be sharing 8 different recipes on ways to use these great essential oils to replace chemical filled cleaners and other great ideas!!
Puritan’s Pride is blessing one of my lucky viewers with the same kit that I received for a giveaway! This kit includes 9 different bottles of essential oils which includes the following essential oils peppermint, rosemary, clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus, lemon, tea tree, thyme, and chamomile. To enter the giveaway use the Rafflecopter linky below. This giveaway will be open through 8/29 the winner will be drawn using Random.org. I will personally contact the winner through email and will expect a reply back within 48 hours or another winner will be drawn. Good Luck!!
I am linking up with these great linky parties.