Hello!! I’m Nicole
Welcome to my little spot on the web, I’m so glad you’re here!
As a fellow homeschool mom who has been homeschooling for 12 years now, my goal of this site is to to give you the resources to help you through your homeschool journey. I want to help you have confidence and piece of mind. Wither you are thinking about starting to homeschool your kids, or have been doing it for years.
My hope is to encourage you and make your life easier!
I also have a huge heart to help encourage other moms. There are so many things I have learned through our 18 year journey of parenting. I hope to share our experiences and resources to make your parenting journey a little easier. I hope to be able to save you time, provide you with great activities to do with your kids, teach you how to live and natural life, and give you piece of mind.
I started this blog in July 2011 as a way to record our homeschool journey and our for our out of town family to see whats going on in our house and school. I also wanted to have a way for my kids to be able to look back at their homeschool years.
Over the years I found that other parents were loving our resources and ideas, so I have changed things up a bit. I did this so that other parents could also use our activities while our family can still get a look into our home. We have worked with many different big companies to share their homeschool products and products that our family already used and enjoyed!
The main topics I blog about here are
- Natural Living
- Around The Home
- Special Needs
- Meal planning
- Real life advise from a Christian mom who has been there before.
- Recipe lists.
- Natural living and from scratch recipes.
- Hands on learning ideas.
- Essential oils.
- Eating organic and healthy without breaking the budget.
- Homeschool tips, encouragement, ideas, resources, and curriculum.
- Holiday craft and recipe resources.
- Special needs. Specifically Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism, Cleft Lip/Palate.
- Parenting tips and advise about raising Godly children in an ungodly world.
Books I Have Written
I have been part of 2 different wonderful homeschool resources with the amazing homeschool bloggers at iHomeschool Network. They are both such a wonderful resource for any homeschool parent.
How We Teach
I have helped contribute 4 different chapters to “How We Teach” with other homeschool blogger moms from iHomeschool Network. This is an amazing resource to help give homeschoolers a look into many different homeschools and how they teach their children. The book was written from the ever popular series The Ultimate Guides hosted by iHomeschool Network.
I also contributed 2 chapters on Homeschooling, What To Do When You Want To Quit. My chapters were homeschooling though a health crisis,
You can get this ebook by clicking the banner below, or you can purchase the kindle version / physical book over on Amazon using the Amazon link below.
A little About Me
Before anything else I am a daughter of Christ, Jesus is my ROCK!! Without faith I would never have managed to make it through all of the trials that have been thrown in our path over the years. I wouldn’t change them for anything though, without the trials I wouldn’t have ever become the person I am today.
I have been married to the man of my dreams for the last 18 years, we have 6 beautiful blessings. We have 5 boys and 1 girl. I have been homeschooling them for the last 12 years. Last year we graduated our first homeschooler!!
I wear many different hats around our house as you can imagine with 6 kids. I am a Doctor to our children using as many natural remedies as possible, therapist and advocate to our 3 special needs children, author, blogger, teacher to our children, and many other things that go along with being a parent and teacher to 6 children.
Some of the things I enjoy doing in my free time other then blogging is learning more about natural living, homesteading in the city, canning, photography, looking for ideas that save us money and time, spending time with my family, oh yes and I REALLY love Pinterest.
family, hands on learning ideas, recipes that we enjoy using few ingredients, arts/crafts projects, homeschool ideas, sensory bins, reviews, life with special needs, Michigan destinations, and lots more.
Also Find Us On…
You can find Mama Of Many Blessings on Instagram where I share a look into our daily life, or find great tips and ideas I share on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Twitter. Also feel free to contact me personally by email.
You can Subscribe to Mama Of Many Blessings monthly newsletter
In my newsletter I will share excerpts of the latest blog posts with the link to the full post on the site and past seasonal posts.
I will ALWAYS respect your privacy and will never sell your email address, you can easily unsubscribe at any time you wish to.
Here are a few places to start
- Michigan destinations that are family friendly.
- A list of all of our Homeschool posts, including past and current curriculums, homeschool room tour, and many other great resources can be found on our homeschool page.
- We have made a Sensory Motor Room in our house for our kiddos with SPD, it also has the kids playroom on the other side.
- The Recipe page shows all the recipes we make which are more natural and organic recipes at this point and time.
- You can read my monthly freezer cooking series. This includes what it looks like to shop for a month for 8 of us, putting together a months worth of crock pot meals for the freezer, and many other great topics. The recipe page in the link above has some of our favorite crock pot recipe ideas.
- We have made many different sensory bins you can read about on my post with over 50 of our past sensory bins.
- I have done a bunch of blog posts on Sensory Processing disorder, since I have 3 children that struggle with it to some extent. Stop over for some great resources.
- Over the years we have shared many different seasonal and holiday activities, learning ideas, crafts, sensory bins, and more. Heading to either of the pages you will be able to find crafts for the particular season or holiday you are interested in.