I posted about Ethan’s Cleft Lip surgery when he was 3 months old and that explains the starting of his cleft lip and cleft palate repair journey. I also shared how we found out that our baby was going to be born with a cleft palate and lip and my struggles that come along with raising a child with a cleft lip and palate.
After meeting with the speech therapist once a week for 5 months, she was very sure his speech problems were palate related, and wrote a letter to the cleft doctor letting him know so. The doctor met with us again and explained what they were going to do for the surgery, they explained that he would stay the night in the hospital, and answered any questions we had. His cleft palate surgery was January 21, 2011.
Preparing for Cleft Palate Repair Surgery
Want to catch up on the rest of Ethan’s story?I have written the following previous posts about his journey.
- Cleft Lip Repair Surgery
- Childhood Illness, RA, 12 Appointments in 1 Week, and More.
- Cleft Palate Repair Surgery
- Early intervention and Sensory Processing Disorder
- Ethan’s Sensory Processing Disorder Symptoms
- Life With Sensory Processing Disorder
- The If/Then Board
- Sleeping Issues and Visual Schedule
- Original Preschool Plans for Ethan
- Final Preschool Plans for Ethan
- Tonsils Out Tubes In