Everyone loves donuts. They’re round, they’re delicious, they’re full of flavor, and most of all, they’re completely addictive. Pair that love of donuts with pumpkin…and you’ve taken the taste of donuts to a whole other level of amazing.
It’s no secret that everyone waits until Fall arrives to start eating everything pumpkin, but in all honesty, our household eats these Pumpkin Spice Donuts year round. When you find something so delicious and amazing, why would you want to limit yourself to a specific time to enjoy it?
Imagine waking up to the smell of pumpkin in April…with this amazing pumpkin donut recipe, that dream can absolutely become a reality.
Many people tend to shy away from making donuts because they think that it’s difficult or hard to do, but that couldn’t be further from the truth! Making donuts is fun to do and it’s even more fun when you get the entire family involved as well!
Introduce the love of baking to your children with this simple donut recipe! Plus, those who help cook, always get to be the first ones to taste the finished goods! If that isn’t motivation in itself, I don’t know what is!
How To Make Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 C plus 2 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a doughnut pan with pam baking spray.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the coconut oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and sugar until combined
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and baking powder until combined
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients into the wet
- Pour batter into the doughnut pan about 3/4 way full
- Bake in the oven for 24 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Place 1 C of sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon into a large ziplock bag
- Add a few doughnuts into the bag and shake until doughnuts are covered in sugar
- Remove from bag and place onto a wire rack to cool some more