I must admit…I’m guilty over sometimes over-buying on the bananas when I head to the store because deep down, I know that I want to make this Banana Crumb Muffins. While my family is large, there’s no way that anyone can possibly eat the amount of banana‘s that I buy in a week. Thankfully, this recipe calls for overripe bananas, which I never seem to have a shortage of!
Growing up, I have fond memories of muffins and banana bread warm out of the oven. Combining those two flavors into one power-packed combo is perfect for those early morning taste buds.
I love being able to make this up the night before and pop them in the oven early in the morning. If coffee is the smell that wakes up adults, then Banana Crumb Muffins are the smell that will have children running out of their beds, straight to the kitchen table.
And even more than them being delicious, I love that they are easy to grab and go as well. Let’s face it…some mornings we are running a bit late to even try to get out the door so having a batch of these muffins cooked and ready is so super helpful!
Give this yummy recipe a try! Breakfast time at your house will never be more simple!
Banana Crumb Muffins Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 overly ripe bananas
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter – melted
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 10 liners or with non-stick spray.
- Start with a large bowl and whisk together the batter flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas and mix in the sugar, egg and melted butter.
- Add the banana mixture into the flour mixture; mix everything together until just combined. Scoop the batter and fill each liner about ¾ of the way full. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crumb topping brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in the butter and mix until the mixture is course and crumbly. Spread the mixture over all of your muffins.
Looking for more delicious muffin recipes? Head over to my Family-Friendly Recipe Ideas Pinterest board, where I have tons of delicious recipes for you to try!