Holy moly, Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite dinner dishes to make. (and eat, too!) There’s just something about a tender piece of chicken sitting atop a pile of pasta, smothered in sauce and cheese that gets me time and time again. All of the ingredients in this recipe mesh and meld so perfectly together, it’s literally like they were created just to be paired up.
If you’re looking for a super simple dinner recipe that will have everyone in the family full and happy, this chicken dish is the one for you. In as fast as 40 minutes of time, dinner will be served and bellies will be bursting at the seams!
I think one of my favorite flavors in this chicken dish is the added parmesan cheese. I love to use fresh parmesan that I shred myself because it just takes it to a whole other level. (but if you don’t have fresh, don’t worry. Anything you have on hand is fine!)
I’ve also made up my own homemade sauce for this dish as well from fresh tomatoes from the garden during the summertime. That’s just one of the simple ways to change up the taste and flavor ever so slightly from time to time!
Make certain to check out this Hibachi Chicken recipe as well. This has such a clean taste and flavor to it and it’s always a hit with the kids as well. I just love cooking with chicken because it’s so versatile and takes on various flavors so well!
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for the Chicken:
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to create 4 filets
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 28-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional Ingredients:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 16-ounce package spaghetti, prepared
- Nonstick cooking spray
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking dish by greasing with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In one shallow dish, beat together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well combined.
3. In a separate dish, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
4. Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumbs. Press the breadcrumbs into the chicken and place the coated chicken in the prepared baking dish. Repeat until all the chicken is coated.
5. Spray the top of each chicken breast with nonstick cooking spray and place the baking dish in the preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes, until the breading is golden brown.
6. While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce by heating the tomato sauce, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and sugar in a large skillet. Simmer for 15 minutes, then reserve 1 cup of sauce to top the chicken. Toss the cooked spaghetti in the remaining sauce.
7. Remove the chicken from the oven and top with reserved sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of the chicken. Return to the oven and cook for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
8. Serve each chicken breast on top of a bed of spaghetti.
Looking for more yummy recipe ideas like this delicious chicken parmesan? Or maybe a dessert to go along with it? Head over to my Pinterest page where you will find many more delicious ideas!
This post may be linked up with some or all of THESE great linky parties. Make sure to head over to find more great ideas from fellow bloggers.