Chocolate waffles are about to become your new favorite breakfast. And while you might be telling yourself that you’re making them for the kids, there’s a high probability that you’re wanting to eat them as well. One bite of these waffles and you’ll never want to make them without a brownie mix, ever again.
And did I mention the best part? I gave a little bit of a teaser above but literally all you’re using to make this waffles if a box of delicious brownie mix. It seriously can’t get any more simple than that, right? Who wouldn’t want a giant waffle that tastes just like a brownie?!
We make this breakfast waffle recipe all the time. And why wouldn’t we? It’s as simple as mixing together the brownie mix and pouring it into the waffle iron. In fact, the older kids don’t even need me to do anything anymore when it comes to this recipe because they can handle it entirely on their own.
Not only does this chocolate waffle taste amazing, but it’s also a great way to have a fun breakfast in bed weekend or even a great way to start off a fun birthday celebration as well. Just pick out some fun toppings to go with it and it’s totally a dessert breakfast!
And if you like breakfast foods, don’t miss out on these Whole Wheat Granola and Mixed Berry Pancakes. They have such a great flavor and are certain to be a hit!
Makes 4 large Belgian style waffles
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes per waffle
- 1 box brownie mix, prepared
- Nonstick cooking spray
1.Preheat waffle iron to medium heat.
2. Prepare waffle mix according to package instructions.
3. Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray on both plates. Scoop 1/3 cup brownie batter onto the center of the waffle iron and close the lid.
4. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the waffle iron, stops steaming.
5. Carefully remove the waffles from the waffle iron and allow it to cool completely before serving.
- Waffle Iron
- 1 box box brownie mix prepared
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat waffle iron to medium heat.
- Prepare waffle mix according to package instructions.
- Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray on both plates. Scoop 1/3 cup brownie batter onto the center of the waffle iron and close the lid.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the waffle iron stops steaming.
- Carefully remove the waffles from the waffle iron and allow to cool completely before serving.
Looking for more yummy recipe ideas like these Chocolate waffles? Or maybe a meal idea to go along with it? Head over to my Pinterest page where you will find many more delicious ideas!
This post may be linked up with some or all of THESE great linky parties. Make sure to head over to find more great ideas from fellow bloggers.