Something I get asked regularly is can you, and how do you make money blogging. I though it would be a great idea to put my answer to that into a post and share with you. I’m sure many bloggers are looking to make money from their blog so here are some ideas!
Before we get into how to make money blogging, I want to clarify something.
- Making money blogging is not something that happens overnight, it takes a LOT of time.
- It takes a lot of hard work and time to get a blog to the spot where it can actually make you money.
- There are quite a few costs involves in blogging when you get to where you can make money from your blog that you wouldn’t necessarily think of.
Some of the things you will learn over time on your own. One of my biggest mistakes in blogging was starting my blog over on Blogger and then having to switch over to WordPress. All of my rankings were lost in the transfer because the old links people linked to, or I linked up were using the mamaofmanyblessings.blogspot.com address. I suggest starting on a self hosted WordPress website ASAP!!
One way I learned SOO Much was from watching the Learn To Blog Series over on YouTube, that Crystal Van Tassel and Kelli Miller put together. They have over a years worth of videos you can watch on almost any blogging or social media topic you can imagine, they bring in guests who also give you some great tips!
You can head over to the list of Learn To Blog videos I made over on YouTube for a list of many of the Learn To Blog videos they have made together in 1 spot.
How To Make Money Blogging
Blogger Review and Sponsored Post Sites
Below are some of the places I have signed up to that work with companies to offer you sponsored posts or just reviews so you can make money blogging. At the beginning of my blogging journey I did a lot of reviews where I just received free products for the reviews and that was it. As page views grow you will get more opportunities to not only get the free products, but get paid to write the post as well.
- The Clever Girls Collective ~ Scroll down to apply for membership. It can take 2-5 weeks for them to approve your membership.
- The Sits Girls (Massive Sway)
- Social Fabric
- Mom Central
- Tap Influence
- TOS Review Crew ~ This is a crew of great homeschoolers that review lots of GREAT homeschool curriculum. You have to be accepted into the crew, sign ups are twice a year. Watch the TOS Social media for notice when this happens. I was part of the crew for 2 years and really enjoyed it.
- US Family Guide ~ The US Family guide offers local events like the LEGO Kids Fest as well as occasional products for review.
Writing an E-Book in your niche is a great way to make money. Since you already know and probably share about that topic on your blog, why not write an ebook about it. Writing an ebook is essentially the same as writing a blog post, just on a bigger scale and is much easier then you would imagine.
Don’t know how to write an e-book or where to start? iHomeschool network is now offering help to get your e-book from start to finish.
I have personally co-authored 2 E-books now. 1 has been released called How We Teach ~ The real lives of homeschoolers from classical to Unschooling and everything in between. I wrote 4 different chapters in the book, which are:
Practical Life Skills: You Will Be Amazed How Much Your Preschooler Can Do
A Delightful Angle on Preschool Math
Montessori Practical Life Skills
Frustration Free Kindergarten Math
Click the banner below if your interested in learning more about that book or to purchase it. Our second book is going through the editing stage and I’m not sure when it will be out yet. The 2 chapters I wrote about in the new book are Homeschooling Through a Health Crisis and Homeschooling and Intense Child.
Placing affiliate ads on your blog can be a great way to make money blogging as long as it is a company or product you have written about or pertains to what you write about in your blog. I include affiliate links in our blog posts if I have one, as well as along the sidebar of our favorite companies. There are a couple places I use to put affiliate ads or links on my site through.
- CJ Affiliate ~ Go to the free publisher sign up click there and sign up.
- E-Junkie ~ For some reason there are lots of people switching from this company to others for their affiliate links. I don’t know why, but there are a few places that still use e-junkie I use (Truth In The Tinsel Christmas series)
- Share a Sale ~ Go to affiliate sign up and create your account.
- Amazon ~ When I talk about a product or list our favorite products I often include my Amazon link. This helps moms find a product we used and helps earn me a little money. When someone clicks on that link if they make a purchase I get a very small portion of the sale. I have heard that you cannot use Amazon Links in certain states though, not sure which ones. I do know Michigan is not one of those states though.
If you look at the very top of my site and below the posts there are ads for different companies/products. I used Adsense to get them there. I get paid whenever someone clicks on them. The only downside is that they are kind of difficult to set up, especially if you are not familiar with coding your blog. I followed of course the Learn To Blog video that teaches you how to set Adsense up yourself. Another note about Google Adsense, DO NOT EVER CLICK ON YOUR OWN ADS!!! Even if you accidentally click on one of your ads Google will kick you out of the Adsense program, they do not care if it is an accident or not.
I have a Pinterest board for blogging and social media ideas, where I regularly pin great tips for your blog and your social media. Stop over for some great ideas!!
I am linking up with THESE great linky parties, stop over for other great ideas!