This week I have been sharing some of our favorite bread and muffin recipes. These are the recipes that we use to put in our freezer for our monthly freezer cooking. They are eaten as snacks most of the time, but sometimes they will be eaten for breakfast as well.
We grow zucchini in our garden every year and there is always such an abundance of it, so we are always on the look out for new zucchini recipes. We spread and slice up extra zucchini during the summer and freeze it to use through out the winter. We do eat regular zucchini breads but the chocolate zucchini bread is always a treat for everyone.
This bread lives up to the standards that we have for our other breads, it can be put into the freezer and come out moist still. There are some breads that do not come out moist, and we will then find a new recipe or add ingredients to make them keep the moisture through being frozen.
The bread is so good, my couple very picky eaters love this bread and think they are really getting a treat, but I’m just happy they are getting some healthy food snuck into their “treat” 😉 !
Delicious Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- -2 Cups Raw Honey
- -1 Cup Coconut Oil
- -3 Eggs
- -1/2 Cup Baking Cocoa
- -1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- -2 Cups Shredded Peeled Zucchini
- -4 tsp Vanilla
- -2 1/2 Cups Organic Flour
- -1 tsp Cinnamon
- -1 tsp Salt
- -1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350'
- In a large bowl mix sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs together until well blended.
- Add flour, salt, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder and mix until well blended.
- Add in shredded, peeled zucchini and mix until well blended.
- Flour or line 2 8x4 bread pans with tin foil.
- Pour mixture into your 2 bread loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick or fork can be put into the center and comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes and then remove from pans to set on a cooling rack.
I am linking up with these great linky parties, stop over for other great recipes and great ideas from fellow bloggers!