Everyone loves the taste of German Chocolate cake, right? The way that the pecans and the coconut mesh together make it nearly impossible to start after just one bite. What if there was a way to combine the flavor of German Chocolate Cake with another fan favorite…cheesecake. This is your lucky day. This EASY German Chocolate Cheesecake Bar recipe will change the way that you think about cheesecake…in a good way!
Part of the “problem” of having a delicious dessert is that it’s often hard to say no to eating too big of a piece. These EASY German Chocolate Cheesecake Bars take care of that problem. Each piece is cut into squares, which will give you peace of mind knowing that you are having a bit of portion control. If you want to eat more, go for it but if you don’t, then one square should do the trick!
Not only are these EASY German Chocolate Cheesecake Bars amazing, they are simple and easy to make as well. Any recipe that I can complete start to finish in less than an hour is a-okay by me! My opinion? Make a double batch for this recipe because the first one will be gone before you know it!
- 1 cup of Pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup of Coconut (chopped)
- 1 box of German Chocolate Cake (including ingredients needed on box)
- 8 oz. of Cream Cheese
- 2 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 of a cup of Oleo
- Start by greasing a 9 x 13 in. baking pan, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together your pecans and coconuts. Cover the bottom of your baking pan with your pecan and coconut mixture.
- Mix your cake batter as directed on the box, and pour over your pecans and coconut.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, mix together your cream cheese, powdered sugar, and oleo.
- Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Spoon mixture over cake batter.
- Use a knife to cut batter, giving the cream cheese and batter a marbleized look.
- Bake for 45 minutes, and then let cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want to find more great family friendly recipe ideas? Head over to my Pinterest board, where you will find a TON more great ideas.