During the Christmas holiday we take the entire month of December off of school. We spend that time learning about the Christmas story, making treats and gifts for friends and neighbors and just spend extra time together. It has helped us to have a much calmer holiday.
My kids love making crafts so when we make Christmas crafts I try to make sure that they have something to do with Christ’s birth. Over the years I have put togher a list of craft ideas that we choose from when making these crafts. The list needed to have more simple crafts for when my kids were little, as well as crafts that were a little harder so the older kids would enjoy them as well. I have been amazed at the creativity of some individuals, and the things they can come up with. Here is my list and our favorite Jesus birth craft ideas!
Easy and Beautiful Jesus Birth Crafts
- Hope and Nativity Craft ~ This is such a great nativity craft idea for kids while learning about the meaning behind the Christmas season.
- Make a nativity with your kids ~ Katherine Marie shared quite a few different ideas for making your nativity. She has one made of food, another made from printable and cardboard, one made from recycled materials, and more. Have your children use them to reenact the birth of Christ.
- Felt Advent Calendar ~ Cutesy Crafts shared this adorable felt nativity Advent calendar you can make together as a family and then each night you can put a new item into their pockets and read the bible verse that goes with them.
- Baby Jesus In a Manger Fingerprint Craft ~ Easy to make nativity craft idea using fingerprints is easy to make and so festive.
- A Reason For The Season Craft Idea ~ An easy DIY Christmas Art from View Along The Way would be a fun family project to give as a gift or to decorate your own house with.
- DIY Advent Calendar ~ For those who celebrate Advent, this fun Advent calendar was a fun addition to our Christmas study. All the kids worked together to make it and it made it even more fun!
- Stained Glass Nativity ~ This stained glass nativity from Housing A Forest is so beautiful and would be a great Christmas craft idea.
- Nativity Crafts For Kids ~ A list of nativity craft ideas for kids has some really fun and festive craft ideas for kids all nativity style.
- Silhouette Nativity Painting ~ I really love that is such a great craft idea for kids on making a silhouette nativity painting
- DIY Baby Jesus in a Manger ~ What an adorable handprint baby Jesus in a manger craft idea from Crafty Morning is just adorable.
- Christmas Star Suncatcher ~ Glittery Christmas Star Suncatcher is such a great and festive craft idea.
- Soda Can Angels ~ I love this adorable angel craft idea that is made using soda cans
- J is for Jesus craft idea ~ This along with a few other Jesus related craft ideas. Perfect for your Christmas craft ideas.
- Pinecone Angels ~ pinecone angel craft would be great for Christmas decoration or just to hang on the Christmas tree and are simple to make.
- Christmas Story Bracelet – A quick and easy bracelet for kids to make while learning all about the Christmas story.
- Cupcake Paper Angels ~ I love how really colorful and adorable these paper angels are. They seem rather simple to make as well and would make for some adorable Christmas ornaments!
- Kid Made Christmas Star Ornament ~ What an adorable ornament made by kids goes along with the story The Story Of The Three Wise Kings.
- DIY Advent Calendar ~ A DIY Calendar Is a really beautiful idea to celebrate the upcoming holiday.
- Christmas Symbols – Teach your children about the different Christmas symbols with these adorable miniatures and printable!
- Cookie Jar Christmas Craft –What an adorable craft idea for an older kid you could fill your cookie jar with so many different ideas to personalize it. It would make such a perfect Christmas decoration too!
- Easy Paper Plate Angel Craft Idea ~ A really nice and so easy to make craft idea involves using a paper plate to make an angel.
- 3 Wiseman Stick Puppets – 3 wise men are absolutely adorable craft ideas for Christmas. They would be perfect for kids to use to tell the Christmas story.
- Manger Silhouette Finger Painting – A festive and simple craft for kids to make. It would be a perfect homemade decoration!
- Easy Christmas Pop Up Card – What an adorable Christmas card idea for kids to make, and what kid doesn’t love making a pop-up card anyway.
- Christmas Star Ornament – These Christmas star ornaments are simple to make, so beautiful, and unique. Even better they go along with a beautiful Christmas book that tells the Christmas story!
- Angel Girl Toilet Paper Roll Craft ~ Angel girl is a perfect Christmas craft idea especially for having on the Christmas Tree.
- Scrabble Tile Ornaments – Using the Christ-themed scrabble tiles these would make such great ornaments or even decorations around the house.
- Stained Glass Window Craft – Such an absolutely beautiful craft to put in your window for Christmas! They are sure to light up any room!
- Baby Jesus In A Manger – What is a simple baby Jesus in a manger craft idea using a paper plate and other simple supplies to make an adorable craft for kids.
- Hand Print Wiseman – handprint of the 3 wisemanThis makes for an adorable gift idea or just a festive decoration to hang around the house.
- Jesus Snow Globe Ornament – A baby Jesus snow globe ornament craft idea using a clear plastic cup is such a unique and adorable idea. What kids wouldn’t LOVE to make this craft??
- Nativity Story Stones – Make these easy DIY Nativity story stones to make retelling the Christmas story fun and easy for kids.
- Popcycle Stick Manger Craft – This manger craft is a simple but beautiful addition to any Christmas tree. It’s easy enough for most kids to be able to make.
- DIY Stable Ornament – Stable ornament made out of popsicle sticks is a craft simple enough for kids of all ages to make. It would make such a perfect addition to any Christmas tree this year.
- Wooden Peg Doll Nativity Set – Having kids help to make this adorable wooden peg doll nativity set will make reenacting the Christmas story even more fun.
- Craft Your Own Nativity – A fun nativity craft using everyday materials will keep kids busy on a snowy Christmas break day for hours.
- Nativity Tree Ornaments – I love the uniqueness of these nativity tree ornaments. THey are easy enough for kids to make and every person will make their own unique ornaments.
- Christmas Symbols – Use these printable Christmas Symbols to teach your children all about the meanings behind each of the different Christmas symbols.
- Candy Candy Ornaments – I love these adorable ornaments for kids to make. All you need is red and white beads and a pipe cleaner to make these simple ornaments for kids.
Some of our favorite Gift ideas
- 50+ DIY Gift Ideas They will LOVE.
- 50+ Gift Ideas For The High Spirited Child.
- 100+ Gift Ideas For Boys (From A Mama Of 5 Boys.)
Our Previous Christmas Posts
- A look at our previous post with 80+ Resources to teach kids the TRUE meaning of Christmas. I have included family-friendly movies, books, crafts, hands-on learning ideas and so many other ideas.
- 50 Awesome, Quick and Easy Christmas craft ideas for kids has so many great Christmas crafts for kids you are sure to find something for them to do!
- Looking for some great Christmas recipe ideas? Well, this post with over 50 different Festive and Delicious Christmas recipe ideas.
For even more great Christmas ideas head over to our Christmas ideas page. There you will find a complete list of all of our previous Christmas posts.
Some of Our Favorite Christmas Resources
My Christmas Ideas For Families Pinterest board has a TON of other Jesus Birth Crafts, head over there if you’re still looking for more ideas!
I am linking up with THESE great linky parties, stop over for more fun Christmas Ideas!