Let me just start by saying that I love the flavor of food cooked on the grill. There is just something about the grill marks and the smokey taste that drive my taste buds crazy! I recently found that I have a new passion for grilled food thanks to this amazing Grilled Veggie Lasagna recipe. It’s got delicious ingredients, intense flavor and is full of veggies for the health factor as well.
And when I say full of veggies…it’s jam-packed. Kale, eggplant, squash, and peppers to name a few! The great part about this recipe? If you have a vegetable that you want to throw into the mix, do so! The more veggies that you can grill for that amazing grilled flavor, the better!
Besides, a few more vegetables during dinner never hurt anyone, right? Your kids won’t even notice the abundance of veggies in this Grilled Veggie Lasagna recipe. It’s the perfect way to cook some delicious food while ensuring that your children are getting the vegetable intake that they need to have!
What are you waiting for? With the veggies from the garden in season, it’s the perfect time to plan and prepare to add this to your upcoming dinner rotation.
Grilled Veggie Lasagna
- 16-ounce box lasagna noodles
- 32-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 15 ounces Ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 8 ounces parmesan, shredded
- 10 stalks fresh kale
- 4 squash (green and yellow)
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 heads garlic
- 4 peppers (mix of yellow, red, poblano)
- 1 large red onion
- 6 large mushroom caps (portabellas work well)
- Olive oil
- Cut veggies into 1/2” slabs, leaving kale and garlic heads whole.
- Toss in 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Prepare lasagna noodles per package instructions.
- Grill the veggies until charred and beginning to soften. The garlic should stay on at the edge of the grill for about 20-30 minutes, until soft. The kale will cook quickly, tossing and turning with tongs continuously for about 2 minutes will provide just enough charting at the edges, and soften the ribs.
- Chop the grilled veggies into roughly 1/2” cubes, keeping them in separate piles for layering. Finely chop the kale.
- Cut the tops off the garlic and squeeze out the cloves -they should be firm enough to squeeze out whole, yet soft enough to mash.
- Combine the ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, finely chopped kale, and garlic.
- In a 9” x 13” lasagna pan, spread a thin layer of sauce then a layer of noodles. Finish layering as follows: squash and onions, noodles, ricotta mixture and portabellas, noodles, eggplant and tomatoes, noodles, peppers, noodles, sauce, then top with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Enjoy!
What is your favorite grilled veggie lasagna vegetable found inside grilled veggie lasagna? Leave a comment letting me know, I would love to hear from you!
Want to find more great family friendly recipe ideas? Head over to my Pinterest board, where you will find a TON more great ideas.