There were quite a few family favorite recipes in our house that involved using cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup. Since we have started “clean eating” we refuse to use the canned soups at all, so I would just skip this in our recipes. This meant the recipes were much more dry then they once were, but we figured it was better then using something so full of preservatives. Well that was until I found out you can make your own condensed soups with clean ingredients!
So this past month when we did our monthly freezer cooking meals we made a big batch of homemade cream of chicken soup we actually doubled the following recipe. Of course just like I do with all recipes, we changed things around a bit to fit our tastes and using clean ingredients as much as possible.
It is such a wonderful way to make the food creamier and moist and it has been so wonderful to start adding it to our meals again. I was delighted that it turned out so good, really the same as the store bought condensed soups but minus all the preservatives and chemicals we try hard to stay away from.
Homemade Cream Of Chicken Soup
- -3 Cups Chicken Broth we used chicken bone broth but you can use canned chicken broth if you choose
- -1 1/2 Cup Milk
- -1/2 Cup Organic wheat flour
- -1/2 Cup Organic white flour
- -1 tsp Seasoned salt
- -1/2 Cup Cooked and diced chicken
- -1/2 tsp Ground pepper
- -1/2 tsp Ground sea salt
- Mix together milk and flour until mixed together well
- Bring chicken broth to a boil
- Carefully add the milk mixture to the chicken broth whisking to mix well.
- Add in seasonings and mix well.
- Leave on for a low boil for about 4-5 minutes unit it has started to thicken, then add chicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Store in contianer in fridge for up to 1 week.
- Use in recipes that call for cream of chicken soup.
Stop over to my recipe page for other great recipes I have shared, including lots of our freezer crock pot recipes.
My Pinterest board also has many great recipe ideas for clean eating!