This is the resource page for our Human Anatomy unit, we have done many different hands on learning ideas for our human anatomy unit.
We had a lot of fun learning about the circulatory system in our anatomy unit. We made a candy blood model to teach the kids about what is found inside blood and used a few other resources.
The kids made “brain hats” during our nervous system unit. We used a few other hands on learning ideas to learn this part of human anatomy.
During the 5 senses we played games, blindfolded the kids and had them smell and taste different food items.
For the skeletal system unit we made noodle skeletal models, learned the names of the major bones and other fun anatomy learning related to the skeletal system.
For our nutrition unit we sorted foods that were healthy and not healthy, we learned about the food pyramid and more.
During our digestive system unit the kids used bread and water in a ziplock bag and learned what our food looks like after it has gone through the digestive system.
While we were learning about the respiratory system the kids made a lung model using a pop bottle to see what the lungs to when we breathe.
For our muscular system, we made a model of the muscles in your arm using cardboard, rubber bands, and paperclips, we learned about different muscles in your body and many other fun activities.
This day we learned about the names of the different fingers, along with how animals adapt in the winter we also brought out our hands puzzles and worked on Montessori cards on another day.
Some Body Board Game
While we were learning about human anatomy we played our Some Body board game quite a few times, it was a fun way to practice learning the different body parts.
Human Anatomy Drawings
Human Anatomy Trays and Learning Ideas
The kids love exploring hands on learning ideas, here is a look at our human anatomy tray ideas for kids.
Our Favorite Human Anatomy Resources on Amazon
We have used the following products in our Human Anatomy units above as you will see in the posts, some of them are added products that we have found very useful in follow up units.
- Some Body Board Game
- Blood and Guts ~ great teachers guide for your next human anatomy unit
- Magic School Bus Human Body board game
- The Body Book ~ from Scholastic to make hands on human anatomy projects
- Squishy Human Body study kit
- Muscular System 1000 piece puzzle ~ Great for older kids
- Human Body layers puzzle ~ Great for younger kids to understand the different layers of the body
- Human Anatomy Coloring Book ~ Very detailed coloring book great for kids to do while listening to stories!
- My first human body book ~ Great learning ideas for younger kids
- Human Anatomy Models Set ~ Hands on way to learn different anatomy parts
- Human Body Felt Set ~ Great addition to add to your own DIY Felt Board
- Human Body Encyclopedia ~ By DK Kids
Our human body Pinterest board has lots of other great Human Anatomy ideas, stop over and check it out!
Follow Mama Of Many Blessings’s board Human Anatomy / Human Body Unit on Pinterest.
Do you know of some great Human Body resources? I would love to hear about them, leave a comment with a link to your resources for other to see! Don’t have a blog? Just leave your idea in the comments!