Welcome to Inspire Me Monday Linky Party!! I’m glad you stopped over, please link up your posts, and stop over to check out some of the other great posts linked up too. Make sure to include the #InspireMeLink hashtag when sharing your posts on social media throughout the week. I will be watching the hashtag and re-sharing the posts on my social media.
Lately In Our Life
Last week was our busy week. The one in which we have extra kiddos who get dropped off and picked up from school. That topped with the fact that we had kiddos getting over the flu bug, and the twins had off of school on Halloween and the week gets even busier. We had a great time with all the kids being here. For Halloween day we had 9 kids here and we painted halloween wooden magnets, we played with fall slime, and made fall food for our evening party.
We choose not to celebrate Halloween, so instead we went out to eat with the kids. After we got back home we all carved pumpkins, had some candy, and ate our homemade fall bundt cake. It was a great way to spend the holiday and everyone had a great time.
In Our Homeschool
Last week with Gabe and Ethan we have continued our studies on the Incas, Aztec, and Mayan’s. We are working through the Mayan’s right now. The boys continue to notebook as we learn about different facts about them.
We are reading through The Witch of Blackbird Pond, which the boys are enjoying. In science we are still learning about different aspects of the ocean. We learned about how they use special types of cameras to get them down really deep into the ocean.
With Dustin, Cody, and Anthony we have been learning about the start of Islam in our Tapestry of Grace. We are actually having issues with this curriculum. The boys are struggling with the amount of reading that is required in the program. They don’t mind reading, but reading many different chapter books a week is somewhat overwhelming to them.
In their science we learned how inaccurate some of the first encyclopedias that were made were. The author would just add in whatever facts they wanted to. The boys also tested different water supplies and checked for hardness of the water, if electricity could be conducted through it or not. They did pretty well with this experiment and are getting used to working together in a group. Well except for the fact that they still do a LOT of joking around during the experiment….
My Posts From The Last Week
Last week I got a new post up a little before the holidays, giving homeschool mamas plenty of time to plan. Scroll down to see what it is!!
- Inspire Me Monday #153 ~ Inspire Me Monday’s post from last week, with 2 of my favorite posts and the most popular of the week. Stop over to see if you were featured!!
- 100 Crockpot Recipes That Kids Will LOVE ~ I have put together another great list of crockpot recipe ideas!! I love using my crock pot for cooking. You won’t want to miss this post, there is sure to be recipes you will want to try!
- 100 Of The Best Books ForYour High School Student ~ This is the list we have our kids use to choose what free reading books they will use for the year. It is a list of the best 100 books for high schoolers to read.
The Inspire Me Hosts
Each week we share the most clicked on post as well as choosing our own 2 favorite posts. Stop by each of the co-hosts blogs to see if your post was featured by them this week!! Also follow each of them on their blogs or social media somehow.
Last Weeks MOST Popular link:
For last week’s Inspire Me Monday party there were 200 links that were linked up last week the most popular post was….
- #1 ~ Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter ~ This pumpkin butter looks so very delicious and made in the slow cooker makes it even better. It is the perfect fall recipe to add to your meal!
Below are my 2 choices for the favorite posts of last weeks party.
- #108 ~ Beef Stroganoff Casserole ~ I love to make casserole recipes. They are super easy to put together and are often most of the meal in 1. This beef stroganoff casserole recipe is one that we will have to try (with gluten free noodles of course.)
- #126 ~ Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars ~ Are you a family that doesn’t care for pumpkin pie?? This recipe would be a perfect alternative. It sounds super delicious too!!
I’ve Been Featured Button
Are you were one of the featured blog posts this week? Please grab the featured button below and proudly display on your blog. Congratulations!!
Inspire Me Monday Linky Party
Finally, it’s time for the Inspire Me Monday Linky party! You can link up your posts below but make sure to link back here somewhere in your post, on a linky page, or in your sidebar.