Welcome to Inspire Me Monday Linky Party!! I’m glad you stopped over, please link up your posts, and stop over to check out some of the other great posts linked up too. Make sure to include the #InspireMeLink hash tag when sharing your posts on social media through out the week, I will be watching the hashtag and re-sharing the posts on my social media.
Lately In Our Life
Last week was a pretty normal week. I finally got the older boys signed up for volunteering at VBS this year. It’s bittersweet that 4 of my kids are now to old to attend Vacation Bible School at church this year 😥 . I’m glad that they are able to still participate in helping with it though. They are also volunteering at another local week long event that is being put on by the church. I think having the kids volunteer is a great thing for them.
We finally got Dustin signed up for his drivers training, he is going the 3 weeks after the 4th of July. He has had the money to take the class for over a year now (yes we make our kids pay of their drivers training, their first car, and car insurance too) but with his work schedule the only time he could take class was during the summer since he has classes every evening at work. He is so excited to finally take the class, I’m excited to not have to drive him back and forth to work when Serena isn’t working there too. Before long we will have 2 drivers in this house!!
Ethan went in for a braces adjustment, while we were there they told me we will just be changing bands on his braces because he is ready to have his braces taken off. The reason he is keeping them on is because his cleft doctor doesn’t want his braces taken off until after his next big surgery, which is scheduled for August. Once they do get taken off, he is going to have retainers or braces on until he is about 18.
This past weekend was the big festival of the arts that everyone looks forward to every year. We get to eat delicious food from around the world that procedes all go to local charities, and the kids get to do a bunch of free art activities. The festival is actually the biggest volunteer art festival in the world. It’s pretty neat, and busy!! The memories we have from attending the festival for the last 13 years is something very special. The older kids don’t do much of the activities anymore, but still enjoy gong and eating the delicious food 😉 !
My Posts From The Last Week
Last week I managed to get a couple posts up as usual, I do still have a giveaway going on for Math-U-See for anyone who would like to enter that it ends this week as well.
- Last weeks Inspire Me Monday Post with my favorite picks of the last weeks link up. If you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, head over to see if you were one of my picks of the week.
- Amazon Prime ~ So Much More Then Just FREE Shipping – We have had Amazon Prime for many years now and have loved it. Most people know they offer free shipping, but aren’t aware of ALL the other things you get with your Amazon Prime membership. In my opinion it is so worth the yearly fee. Stop over to see all that is included with your Prime membership!!
- 50 Screen Free Activities ~ We are pretty strict about our kids not being glued to screens watching TV or playing games except for a short time every day. I have put together a list of 50 different screen free activities we use to keep our kids busy without technology, stop over and check it out I’m sure you will find some great ideas.
The Inspire Me Hosts
Each week we share the most clicked on post as well as choosing our own 2 favorite posts. Stop by each of the co-hosts blog to see if your post was featured by them this week!! Also follow each of them on their blogs or social media somehow.
Last Weeks MOST Popular link:
For last weeks Inspire Me Monday party there were 430 links that were linked up last week the most popular post was….
- #225 ~ Meal Prep Saving Tips ~ Anyone who has followed us for a while knows we meal plan for a month at a time. This post has some great tips for savings ideas for meal prep!!
My Favorite Posts Of the Week:
- #90 ~Strawberry Lemonade From Scratch ~ In our house we do not drink soda, and the kids primarily drink water. At dinner we offer them milk and lemonade (only homemade though) this strawberry lemonade will have to be one that we try one of these nights, I’m sure everyone would LOVE it. It sure looks delicious!!
- #290 ~ Travel The World – Japan ~ We love teaching our kids using hands on methods in our homeschool, the information that is retained teaching kids this way is amazing. The great hands on activities that are shared in this post over at Homegrown Adventures is just what I’m talking about. If you or your students have a unit coming up on Japan, you will want to check out these great ideas!
I’ve Been Featured Button
We now have an I’ve been featured button you can grab to proudly display if your post has been featured on Inspire Me Monday. Congratulations!!
Inspire Me Monday Linky Party
Now time for the Inspire Me Monday Linky party! Link up your posts below and then make sure to link back here somewhere in your post, on a linky page, or in your sidebar.