Welcome to Inspire Me Monday Linky Party!! I’m glad you stopped over, please link up your posts, and stop over to check out some of the other great posts linked up too. Make sure to include the #InspireMeLink hash tag when sharing your posts on social media through out the week, I will be watching the hashtag and re-sharing the posts on my social media.
Lately In Our Life
Last week was pretty busy around our house. Friday my 16yr old had his last competitive gymnastics competition 2 1/2 hours away from home, he placed 3 overall even after making a few mistakes in his pommel horse routine, after that meet we drove home. Here is a video of his Parallel bars routing which he got an 11.3 on which was almost a perfect score with all his bonuses!! Saturday afternoon we headed back to stay in a hotel for the night which is a rare treat in our house. The kids went swimming and worked out in the gym, we even had a hilarious incident where someone drank one of Dustin’s contacts on accident thinking it was a cup of water 😀 . Yes, life is NEVER boring around our house!!
We choose to stay in a hotel, because Sunday morning at 8am we had our second round of gymnastics competition for kiddo #2, and then at 11:30 the last kiddo had their competition a 2 1/2 hour drive and packing before that just wasn’t going to work good at all. Anthony placed in Parallel bars, Floor, and Pommel Horse, Ethan didn’t place in anything but did a great job and had fun! This was their last regular meet of the year, in 2 weeks the kids go to their state meet, which will be another crazy weekend. With one starting at 8am Saturday, one at 4:30 on Saturday, and another at 8am Sunday.
Our homeschool week was a little crazy too, with having to get things ready for the weekend of staying in a hotel for 8 people. Making a bunch of snacks and food to bring with us since I am very picky on what we eat even when away from home. Getting my handicap parking pass, our sons state ID so he can cash his tax return check (yes secretary of state twice in 1 week), and other things that came up through out the week. We only ended up doing school 2 of the 5 days last week and my house was a huge mess all week too. Hopefully this week will be better.
We are looking forward to celebrating Easter next weekend. Since my mother passed away a few years ago we now have my dad, sister, brother their spouses and kids all over to our house for brunch and the annual Easter Egg hunt after we get back from morning church service. It is so much fun and wonderful to spend time with family and to be able to start the Easter morning with great fellowship.
My Posts From The Last Week
I shared a few different posts last week they were:
- Last weeks Inspire Me Monday Post with my favorite picks of the last weeks link up. If you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, head over to see if you were one of my picks of the week.
- A round up of 30 different amazing Easter dessert ideas.
- One of my kids was born with a cleft lip and palate, I started sharing about his journey a while back and have finally continued sharing his journey. There is a lot to catch up on, and we are coming up on his next BIG surgery to finish his palate repair soon, follow us on Instagram to get updates on that. This post was about his cleft palate repair.
The Inspire Me Hosts
Each week we share the most clicked on post as well as choosing our own 2 favorite posts. Stop by each of the co-hosts blog to see if your post was featured by them this week!! Also follow each of them on their blogs or social media somehow.
Last Weeks MOST Popular link:
Out of 431 links that were linked up last week the most popular post was….
My Favorite Posts Of the Week:
- #69 ~ 77 Throw Together Slow Cooker Meals ~ If you have been a follower of this blog for a while you know how much we LOVE slow cooker recipe ideas, we make an entire months worth of meals in one day and freeze them. This list is amazing they are all throw together meals and the recipes are listed right on the same page, no clicking over to other sites and pages to view the recipes!!
- #253 ~ Homemade Granola Bars ~ While we don’t have food allergies, we try not to eat much processed food in our house, especially when it comes to snacks. We love making our own granola bars, this recipe is a little different then the ones we have tried before. I plan on trying these ones for our upcoming gymnastics meet out of town.
Now time for the party! Link up your posts below and then make sure to link back here somewhere in your post, on a linky page, or in your sidebar.