If you’re looking for a brand new Instant Pot recipe for your family to try, you won’t want to miss out on these Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls. So good, hearty and easy to make!
I have been working on making as many recipes as I can come up with using my beloved Instant Pot. I love the fact that I can just dump food into in push a few buttons and in only a short time have a delicious dinner. Some of the time I find a recipe elsewhere online and alter it. Well, it’s actually very rare that I find a recipe and completely follow it. I alter it somehow.
If you like this recipe, make certain to check out this Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings dish!
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
What I love best about this recipe is that everyone in the family can enjoy it. It’s got such a wide range of ingredients that hit every taste bud in our house.
The black beans and corn add such a great texture and I love being able to use fresh tomatoes from the garden when they’re in season. Plus, using the Instant Pot gives this dish such a new life because it takes so little time to make!
Ingredients to make Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 2 Cups Instant Rice
- 1 Can Corn – drained
- 1 Can Black Beans – drained and rinsed
- 1TBS Cumin
- 2 cans Rotel
- 1/3 Cup Taco Seasoning (we like our bowls flavorful, you could cut this in half if you don’t want as much spice)
- 2 Bell Peppers – Diced
- 1 medium Onion Diced
- 3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1TBS sea salt
- 1tsp ground pepper
1.Pour chicken broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot just enough for there to be a couple inches in the bottom.
2.Place the chicken breasts into the instant pot.
3.Sprinkle the taco seasoning and cumin over the top of the chicken.
4.Add corn into the instant pot.
5.Add the beans into the pot.
6.Add in the Rotel into the pot.
7.Next, add in the bell peppers and onions.
8. Pour the rice over the top.
9. Finally, add in the rest of the chicken broth. Pouring as evenly as possible over the rice.
10. Cook in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes and then allow to slowly depressurize for another 10 minutes.
11.After the 10 minutes carefully and slowly release the rest of the pressure from the pot. Then remove the lid. Pull the chicken up and use a fork to rip it apart.
12.Once the chicken is pulled apart to your desired size mix everything up well.
13. Serve with desired toppings. We offer tomatoes, lettuce, black olives, avocados, onions, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese. Some of us just eat it like this, others like to eat it with chips. You could also use taco shells for it, but we try to make it as low-carb as possible. Enjoy!!
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 Cup Taco Seasoning
- 1 TBS Cumin
- 1 TBS Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 Can Corn Drained
- 1 Can Black Beans Drained and rinsed
- 2 Cans Rotel
- 2 Bell Peppers Diced
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 3 Cups Instant Rice
- Black Olives
- Shredded Chedar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Pour chicken broth into the bottom of the instant pot. Enough to cover the bottom of the pot.
- Add in the chicken on top of the broth.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning, cumin, sea salt, and pepper on top of the chicken.
- Pour the corn on top, followed by the black beans, and finally the Rotel.
- Add the bell peppers and onions to the pot.
- Evenly pour the rice on top.
- Add in the rest of the chicken broth.
- Set your instant pot for 10 minutes. Once finished let depressurize for 10 minutes. Once that time is finished carefully and slowly depressurize and of the leftover pressure in the cooker and remove the lid.
- Pull up the chicken and use a fork to pull it apart into small pieces. Finally, mix up thoroughly.
- Pour into bowls and add toppings. We like to add lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, onions, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and avocados.
Some of the kids enjoy eating with chips others just eat with a spoon. You could also eat it with taco shells, but we choose not to in order to keep this low-carb.
Looking for more delicious recipe ideas? Check out my Pinterest recipe board below for a TON of super delicious ideas!