If you are looking for a kids summer craft idea that they are certain to love, this Paper Flower Garden craft is an absolute must!
To be honest, there are so many reasons that I love this craft. First off, I love the fact that the directions are step by step and extremely user-friendly. It’s a craft that I can choose to do together with my children, or let them try on their own since the steps are so guided.
And the other reason that I love this Paper Flower Garden craft? It’s the perfect way to have beautiful flowers that will never wilt away or die!
Think about how many different ways that this craft could be used. A fun summer craft for your child’s entertainment, or the perfect Mother’s Day gift as well. Talk about the perfect way to give a flower garden that can sit on a shelf looking beautiful all year long!
While this may be the perfect summer craft, it’s also a fun idea to incorporate into the holidays as well. Think of the fun with making these flower gardens and giving as gifts or having them set around the house when it’s cold and snowy outside. It would be the perfect reminder that spring and summer are just around the corner!
List of Supplies:
- Colored craft papers
- Craft glue
- Red and black sharpie or gel pen
- Prepare a piece of white stationery paper, it will be the canvas. You can customize the size of the canvas to keep it relatively larger than the template items. Trace the grass pattern on green craft paper and cut out the traced pattern. Cut a straight slit along the middle part of the grass pattern, lengthwise.
- Apply glue along the sides and the bottom part of the grass cut out. Keep the top end glue free.
- Carefully place the glued side on the canvas, making sure that the bottom ends of both the grass and the canvas are leveled.
- Select different colored craft papers for the flowers, stem, leaf, and butterfly. Trace the flower patterns on the selected papers. You may also create your own custom flower patterns. Cut out the traced patterns.
- Use sharpie or gel pen to add some simple patterns on the flowers. Attach the leaf with the stem.
- Prepare stems for each flower.
- Attach the flowers to the top end of the stem.
- For the butterflies use any colored craft paper you want. Glue the body part on the middle of both wings. Cut out a strip from white stationery paper (same as the canvas). Attach the butterfly on the top end of the white strip.
- Time to create the garden! Simply insert the bottom end of the stems through the slit of the grass. You may also insert the stems through the top open side of the grass. (Final Images)
- Arrange the flowers however you want. And don’t forget to add the butterfly to the garden.
- The best thing about this craft is that you can customize the design whenever you want to.
Is there are favorite Kids Summer Craft idea that you and your child enjoy doing together? Leave a comment below letting me know what it is. I would love to hear from you!
Looking for other great Kids Summer Craft Idea? Head over to my craft ideas Pinterest board, there is a TON of great idea on there!