For Day 4 ~ Our idea came from this Pinterest idea, well lets just say ours did not turn out anything like theirs looked like. The rubber bands were hard to get on the eggs without breaking the eggs, Dustin tried masking tape and that just came off in the water. So I think if we try these again we would definitely recommend using painters tape.
Multi-Colored Striped Easter Egg Decorating
- Easter Egg Dye (you will want some light colors and some dark colors)
- Rubber bands (Smaller rubber bands work best)
- Painters Tape (optional but the easiest way to not break the egg)
- Hardboiled eggs
- I had Dustin separate his Easter dyes and had light colors in one area and dark colors in another area. First dye your eggs completely with a light color.
- Take them out and let them dry completely.
- After you soak your eggs in a lighter color and they are dry, you add the rubber bands and put them into a slightly darker color. Adding the rubber bands was interesting, as this broke most of the shells…
- Once you have the rubber bands on them put them into a darker color and let them soak for a couple minutes.
- Remove your tape or rubber bands for a beautiful striped Easter Egg!
Dustin tried to use masking tape for the lines instead of the rubber bands, but it didn’t work so well and the tape ended up just falling off in the cups of dye. Next time we will use some very thin painters tape instead.
Our stripes did not turn out like the Pinterest project we found. But they turned out pretty neat looking! Next year we will be trying the project using painters tape instead of rubber bands!
Our Favorite Easter Activities for Kids Resources we use in our Homeschool found on Amazon (aff. links)
- Bunny Egg Dippers
- Wilton Food Coloring Gel
- Big Egg Dying Tray
- Resurrection Eggs
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Egglo Easter Eggs
Our Favorite Easter Stories On Amazon (Aff. Links)
- Benjamin’s Box
- Lily’s Easter Party
- The Week That Led to Easter
- Read and Share The Story of Easter
- My Special Easter Stories
- Berenstain Bears and the Easter Story
More Easter Activities for kids Ideas Can Be Found On My Easter Pinterest Board!
I have some Amazon Affiliate links in this post, THANK YOU for supporting us!!
I am linking up with these great parties, Stop over for even more great ideas!!