Welcome back to day 2 of our favorite Strawberry recipes, yesterday I shared our recipes for our Organic Strawberry Smoothie and Organic Strawberry Raspberry Smoothies. Today I am going to share another favorite recipe in our house Organic Strawberry Muffins, this has been great to have with meals, as a snack, or even with breakfasts.
I originally found this recipe for Raspberry Muffins and at that time we didn’t have raspberries so we decided to use strawberries instead, I also changed the recipe around a little bit to fit our organic needs let me tell you these muffins smell amazing while they are baking in the oven 😉 . So here is our recipe for Organic Strawberry Muffins a much loved recipe in our house!
I will have to say that the pictures I took of the muffins were the one time Serena had help in the kitchen and was busy with something else, so they didn’t get made quite the way they were supposed to. The muffins take 1/2 of the batter then strawberries in the middle and then the other half of the batter on top of the strawberries. Well in our muffins they had the strawberries on top, so you can see what the middle would have looked like, either way they were still delicious Organic Strawberry Muffins.
Organic Strawberry Muffins
- 2/3 cup 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 Cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups honey or organic cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup organic wheat flour
- 1 cup organic white flour
- 1 tsp organic baking powder
- 1/4 tsp organic baking soda
- 1/2 tsp organic salt
- 1/2 cup organic buttermilk
- 2 cups organic strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350'
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with mixer until well blended.
- Add sugar to mixture, beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, egg whites, and egg, beat well.
- In separate bowl combine both the organic wheat flour and organic white flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt mix until all ingredients are mixed together well.
- With mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Fill the muffins about 1/3 full of mix, then add the berries on the top of the muffins, then add mix on top of the strawberries so the muffins are about 2/3 full.
- Bake in oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on cooling rack to cool. Store in refrigerator.
Stop over and check out our delicious Organic Strawberry Smoothie recipe we shared yesterday. It is quick, easy, healthy, and another family favorite in our house!
Stop back tomorrow for our new favorite Organic Strawberry Shortcake recipe!
Stop over and visit my Pinterest Board Organic Recipes for other delicious recipes to try!
My Healthy snack ideas for kids Pinterest Board is another great place to find some healthy but delicious snack ideas for kids!!
I am linking up with these great linky parties!!