Welcome to day 3 of our favorite strawberry recipes! Today I have taken a regular strawberry shortcake recipe and changed the ingredients to make it an Organic Strawberry Shortcake Recipe, it turned out absolutely amazing! The cake was so moist it will defiantly be our go to recipe for organic strawberry shortcake or any other organic berry shortcake we make for sure.
The recipe below has the recipe for the shortcakes but the berry mixture and the homemade whipped cream as well!
Organic Strawberry Shortcake
- For the shortcakes:
- 2 cups Organic white flour
- 1/2 tsp Organic salt
- 1 TBS Organic baking powder
- 5 TBS Organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter frozen
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Egg white
- 16 oz Organic strawberries mixed up in food processor
- 12 oz Organic strawberries hulled and sliced in half
- 7 TBS Honey
- 1 Cup Organic chilled heavy cream
- 1 tsp organic vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425'
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and 3 TBS organic cane sugar in a medium bowl.
- Grate 2 TBS of butter into dry ingredients, toss to coat. Grate remaining butter into dry ingredients and toss to coat.
- Combine egg and heavy cream, pour into flour mixture.
- Lightly press clumps into ball, you may need to add a tsp more heavy cream if the dough doesn't come together good.
- Turn dough to mix, and then press into 8x4 or 8x5 inch rectangle pan.
- Before baking brush tops with egg white and sprinkle 2 TBS organic cane sugar over the top.
- Bake until golden brown, about 11-13 minutes. Let cool until warm, 5-10 minutes.
- Mix thawed berries and honey in a bowl, let stand until the honey dissolves.
- Mix heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, then gradually add 1 TBS honey, then vanilla.
- Split cake crosswise
- Spoon part of the berries over each cake bottom, them some whipped cream over the berries.
- Cap with a cake top and serve right away!
If you didn’t get a chance to check out our other strawberry recipes, stop over and check out our other organic strawberry recipes shared the last couple days!
Our new organic strawberry and raspberry strawberry smoothies that are a new change to our original smoothies.
Our favorite new Organic Strawberry Muffins that have been a new family favorite!
What is your favorite organic strawberry recipe? Leave me a comment letting me know!
Stop back tomorrow for our new favorite Organic Strawberry freezer jam!
Stop over and visit my Pinterest Board Organic Recipes for other delicious recipes to try!
My Healthy snack ideas for kids Pinterest Board is another great place to find some healthy but delicious snack ideas for kids!!
I am linking up with these great linky parties!!