This Orzo Pasta Salad is a delicious and simple dish. All you need are a few simple ingredients and a short amount of time and you’ll have a delicious meal on the table that your family will love.
When it comes to salads, I’m always looking for great recipes that I can vary things up on. This is why I love this Pasta Salad recipe so much. I can use my fresh tomatoes from the garden and combine with broccoli to create a dish that my kids will actually eat. The more veggies I can get in their tummies, the better!
I’m certain that you’ll love this recipe just as much as we do!
Orzo Pasta Salad
The beauty of this recipe is that you don’t have to overcomplicate things. And truth be told, the hardest part of this entire recipes is cooking up the pasta. That’s literally it.
Once my kids know that this recipe is being prepped, I swear their stomach can be heard growling from miles and miles away!
If you like this simple salad recipe, you’ll love our Tomato and Feta Pasta Salad recipe as well!
Ingredients needed to make this Orzo Pasta Salad
- 16-ounce box orzo pasta, cooked to package instructions, drained and chilled
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 corn cobs, cooked and kernels removed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
Directions to make this Orzo Pasta Salad
1.Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
2. Drain, toss with a small amount of oil, and chill.
3. Halve tomatoes and cut broccoli florets into small pieces.
4. Boil water and cook corn cobs for 5 minutes. Remove from water and chill before cutting the corn from the cobs.
5. Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.
Makes 14 (1-cup) servings.
Orzo Pasta Salad
- 16 -ounce box orzo pasta cooked to package instructions, drained and chilled
- 2 Cups heirloom cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 Cups broccoli florets
- 2 corn cobs cooked and kernels removed
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain, toss with a small amount of oil, and chill.
- Halve tomatoes and cut broccoli florets into small pieces.
- Boil water and cook corn cobs for 5 minutes. Remove from water and chill before cutting the corn from the cobs.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.
Do you like making light and delicious salad recipes? I’d love to hear your favorite salad recipes in the comments below!
Looking for more delicious recipe ideas? Check out my Pinterest recipe board below for a TON of super delicious ideas!