These Peaches and Cream Bars are wonderful! I love the taste of peaches in this dish. It’s like a party for my tastebuds and one of my favorite ways to end the day. We’ve been making up this delicious dessert for years and we’ve never gotten tired of it yet.
And truth be told, depending on how you’re feeling, you could present a pretty big argument to have these for breakfast, too. Pair it up with a cup of hot coffee and you just might have found the perfect way to start the day as well. (and if you want that to be an adult-only option, don’t let the kids in on that option!)
The best part about this simple dessert is that the recipe calls for canned peaches but you can use fresh peaches as well. I personally love using canned peaches because of the ease of opening up the can and pouring them in, but if you have fresh peaches to use, do so! I can guarantee you that fresh peaches will add a whole other wonderful level of flavor!
In my mind, these dessert bars are the perfect way to say goodbye to summer and welcome in the fall. They’re not only super simple, but they’re super tasty, too. In less than 45 minutes of cooking time, you’ll be putting up your feet and chowing down.
Make certain to check out our Pumpkin Pie Bars as well. These easy dessert bars are literally the perfect start to the autumn weather!
Peaches and Cream Bars
Makes 9 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, chilled and cubed
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 can peaches, drained
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the butter and mix using a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
3. Reserve one cup of crust mixture, then add the remaining crust to the prepared pan. Press the crust into the pan until solid. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the crust is just beginning to brown.
4. While the crust is baking, prepare the filling by beating together the eggs, sugar, and cream cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and flour and beat until combined.
5. Fold in the peaches.
6. Pour the filling over the baked crust and top with remaining crust mixture.
7. Place the pan back in the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the top of the bars is golden brown.
8. Allow to cool completely (at least one hour) before slicing and serving.
Looking for more yummy recipe ideas like these delicious peaches and cream bars? Or maybe a dinner idea to go along with it? Head over to my Pinterest page where you will find many more delicious ideas!
This post may be linked up with some or all of THESE great linky parties. Make sure to head over to find more great ideas from fellow bloggers.