These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are the combination of literally the perfect cookie. They’re chewy and packed full of peanut butter flavor. And when it comes to cookies, what more could you want? We love to whip up this simple cookie recipe when we’re looking forward to the weekend but they’re actually perfect for any time of the year.
Many people think that the oatmeal is something that could be overlooked but that just isn’t the truth. The addition of oatmeal is what gives these cookies the chewy texture that has us literally savoring every single bite.
The best part about this cookie recipe? It makes 32 large cookies so you don’t have to worry about running out anytime soon.
Don’t forget to check out our Patriotic Cookies as well!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
This just isn’t any normal cookie recipe. Just when you’ve thought that they’re all the same, these homemade cookies are literally going to take your taste buds on a trip. Not only are their 2 sticks of butter for that added taste but this recipe also has peanut butter chips and chocolate chips, both!
Once the first batch starts to cool off after being pulled from the oven, everyone in the family is going to be diving in. And if you’re wanting to get any for yourself, you just might have to wait for the 2nd or 3rd batch to be cooked!
Make certain that as soon as they cool off, you store them in an airtight container so that they stay as fresh as possible for as long as possible. If you don’t, they’re going to get hard and stale quickly. (and then all you’d really have to do is eat them bite by bite as you dip it into a giant glass of milk!)
If you’re ready to give this cookie recipe a whirl, get your baking hat on, my friends! This is one cookie recipe that really does stand out from the rest!
Makes 32 large cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and beat to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add half the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat to combine. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Stir in the quick-cooking oats until well combined.
5. Add the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Stir until mixed.
6. Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop out balls of dough. Place each dough ball 3 to 4 inches apart on the line baking sheet. Press the balls down slightly and top each ball with 3 to 4 M&Ms.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 16 to 18 minutes, until the edges are golden brown but the centers are still soft.
8. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
Looking for more delicious soup recipes like these delicious Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies? Or maybe a meal idea to go along with it? Head over to my Pinterest page where you will find many more delicious ideas!
This post may be linked up with some or all of THESE great linky parties. Make sure to head over to find more great ideas from fellow bloggers.