The time of the pumpkin is here! Fall is right around the corner and millions of people all over the world are craving that magical taste of pumpkin. And I’m right there with them!
For a seasonal food, pumpkin is so versatile it’s hard to ignore. My family and I have such a love for pumpkin, that we try to make it as much as possible to enjoy it each and every day. These Pumpkin Crumble Muffins are one of our favorites!
If you’ve ever wanted to eat Pumpkin Pie for breakfast, this recipe is about as close as you can get. From the first bite, you’ll be hooked and singing the praises of this delicious breakfast treat.
Simple to make and perfect to freeze, you really cannot go wrong by baking up a batch of these muffins! My kiddos love them because they’re moist, delicious and easy to grab and walk out the door. Having a batch of these ready for breakfast before errands or school is so simple, it’s a must!
And the great part about these Pumpkin Crumble Muffins? You can eat them plain, with butter, or with a dollop of yummy whipped cream!
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 C whole milk
- 2/4 C flour
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 6 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until combined.
- In a standing mixer, mix together the oil, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs and milk together until combined.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until combined.
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liners, about 3/4 way full
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until combined
- Mix in the melted butter with a fork until crumbly.
- Spoon some crumb topping onto the muffin batter.
- Place into the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, decrease the oven temperature to 350 and continue to bake for 16 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on the counter before enjoying!