If there is anything I know I am regularly looking for as a mom of many, it is not only healthy but also quick meal ideas. Between having 6 kids of my own and then adding some days 8 daycare kids in the mix some nights I can plan to have a monthly freezer meal to make, but some nights for one reason or another, it just doesn’t happen.
So having some great ideas to quickly whip up are always such a blessing for us. Well they are also a money saver as well, since the alternative is going out to eat. I have a list of main “go to” recipe ideas, as well as a list of other favorites from around the web below I’m sure you will enjoy as well. Most of these meals take betweek 15-20 minutes to prep and cook in less than 1 hour. Perfect for those last minute quick meal ideas!
Our Favorite Quick Meal Ideas For Families
- Baked Mac and Cheese. This is our go-to mac and cheese recipe nowadays, we do not ever use any type of boxed mac and cheese ever we also use gluten-free noodles for this recipe. We follow the recipe for the most part but change a few things. The changes I make are first off we don’t really bake it. We make it, mix it all together and eat it. We will usually mix it together with some brats or all beef hot dogs and a salad or some green beans for a complete meal. For the ingredients, this is what we do instead of what the recipe calls for 4TBS butter, 4TBS gluten-free flour mix, 4 cups unpasteurized milk, 6 cups cheddar cheese.
- Taco Bake. Alright, I am just going to state my opinions here. The first time I made this recipe I really wondered if it was going to actually taste good or not. Let me tell you I’m sure glad I went ahead and made it anyway. It is now one of our family favorite recipes! Super YUMMY!!
- Smokey Link Casserole. This is an easy family favorite recipe. Well, we used to eat it but had to give it up after we started eating all grass-fed beef and pork. Now Costco offers some nitrate free smokey links so we are able to make it again! We also sometimes just use brats and cut them up into coins. Something to make the job even easier, use THIS chopper for the potatoes. It is my savior and one of the best investments I have EVER Made!!
- Deep Dish Mini Pizzas. We love making big or mini pizzas. We will sometimes make bigger ones on Flat Outs that are low in carbs otherwise, we make our own pizza crust using our gluten-free flour. Either way, the kids LOVE pizzas as always.
- Tacos/Taco Salad. This one is a given simple recipe that I assume most parents put together on some of those nights when you just need to throw something together for a quick dinner. We get our own Taco seasoning from the store to make our taco’s, to make them go a little further we add in a can of refried beans for every pound of burger and the cheese as well.
- Breakfast for dinner. We LOVE to make breakfast for dinner it is simple and everyone loves it. This can mean pancakes, omelets, waffles, eggs, etc… Any of them are super simple.
- Chicken Fried Rice. We are a huge fan of Chicken fried rice or even fried rice without the chicken. It took many years to finally find a recipe that made GOOD fried rice. This is that recipe, our favorite go-to recipe. It is also simple to make and great for a quick meal idea.
- Texas Trash Dip. We love most Mexican recipes around here so of course, this one is a winner too! We love using the tortilla chips from Costco that are made with seeds and quinoa they are delicious.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs. This is pretty self-explanatory. I almost always have spaghetti (gluten-free) a can of sugar-free marinara sauce and frozen meatballs. Have you ever paid attention to how much sugar there is in most spaghettis sauces?? I was blown away when I was looking into it. Every once and a while we make our own meatballs, but usually the frozen premade our my favorite because they are easy.
- Egg Muffins. Now these are usually listed as a breakfast idea, and they would make a great idea for breakfast. We like to make egg muffins for lunches or dinners around our house. Really because I am always looking for keyto lunch ideas that are healthy. This is a perfect idea that can be made in so many different ways to change things up a bit. The link I have shared for this recipe is a site where they have shared a TON of different ways to mix this recipe up a bit so head over for some really great ideas!
- Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken. I can’t explain just how much I LOVE my sheet pan. We use it for everything. Making a big meal all on 2 of these pans is enough to feed even my big family. We put 1 pan with our chicken and another with veggies sprinkled with some seasonings for a delicious meal idea.
- Zucchini Pizza Bites. Making pizzas on zucchini slices are a delicious and super easy idea. It is also a great way to use up a bit too much zucchini or squash like we tend to get many years. Even my kids who dislike zucchini and squash eat these. Plus it is a perfect idea when you are on a Keyto diet.
- Roasted Garlic Potatoes. We love to just put a bunch of veggies on a tray with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic salt bake it in the oven until all the veggies are cooked for a simple, light, and delicious dinner idea. Here is another great idea adding sausage onto the tray with veggies, so you get some added protein into the meal. Yummy!!
- Quesadillas. We use Flat Outs or whole grain tortillas for our quesadillas, but you can really use any type of tortillas you would like. We just add some refried beans, mozzarella cheese, and black beans fry it in our skillet. We offer sour cream, salsa, and/or avocados to go with it and usually have veggies with it as well.
- Wraps. We love making different types of wraps. You can really make so many different kinds. Ham and cheese, turkey avocado ranch club, turkey and cheese, BLT, the possibilities are endless. I love adding some of the bagged mix that has cabbage, lettuce and carrots to mine as well as cucumbers, spinach, and maybe a little mayo.
More Easy Dinner Ideas From Around The Web
- Ranch Chicken Broccoli Casserole.
- Pizza Chicken Casserole.
- Eggroll In A Bowl.
- 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Mexican Chicken.
- Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta.
- Easy Chili Mac and Cheese.
- One-Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken.
- Skinny Chicken Spaghetti.
- Easy Meatball Parmesan Casserole.
- Chicken Fajita Bowls.
- Mexican Spaghetti.
- Creamy Vegan One Pot Pasta (Asian Style.)
- Mexican Lasagna.
- Penne Pasta With Parmesan, Garlic, and Red Peppers.
- Chicken Tetrazzini.
- Baked Nacho Chicken Casserole.
- Caprese Pasta Bake.
- Sausage Pepper and Rice Skillet.
- Chili Cheese Frito Bake.
- One Pan Ham and Cheese Tortellini.
Another super easy way to make dinner if you remember to plan ahead is to dump food in the crock-pot in the morning and it will be ready to go at dinner time. I have a bunch of different posts with more recipes then you could ever even try.
Once you try some of these supe easy and quick meal ideas I’m sure they will make it on your list of “go-to” meal ideas for those nights you just don’t have anything to make. I know they are a favorite in our house, even with some of our picky eaters!
What is your favorite quick meal idea for your family? Leave a comment below letting me know, I would love to hear from you!!