There’s just something amazing and delicious about getting to enjoy fresh blueberries during the summer months. If you live in an area where you can pick them yourself, they would make an amazing addition to this Blueberry Cheesecake Bars recipe!
Not only does my family CRAVE this simple and delicious recipe, I find that it’s becoming one of my favorites as well. I love the fact that the directions are easy to follow, and it comes out perfect each and every time.
Part of what makes this recipe unique is the fact that one of the main ingredients is cream cheese. Combining that with powered sugar create a flavor that will have you licking the spoon, just like your kids do! It’s light, it’s airy and it has the perfect balance of sweetness.
While many people may prefer to make these cheesecake bars for dessert, who says you can’t eat them for breakfast as well? Indulgence can be fun in moderation, right?
This Blueberry Cheesecake Bar recipe is so good, you might as well plan in advance and make a second batch. It’s almost impossible to eat just one and stop…trust me.
Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
1 package of puff pastry
2 – 8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 C fresh blueberries
2 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
1/4 C sugar (we use sugar-free Xylitol)
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and combined.
- Using a angled spatula, spread the cream cheese mixture onto the first layer of puff pastry
- Sprinkle the blueberries onto the cream cheese mixture
- Lay the second sheet of puff pastry on top of the blueberries and slightly push the puff pastry down until you feel the cream cheese mixture
- Brush the top of the puff pastry with the melted butter and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon
- Bake in the oven for 27 minutes
- Let cool completely before cutting and enjoying!