Does your family love the taste of spaghetti? If so, you’re in for a treat! This Spaghetti Pie is a longtime household favorite around here. It’s one of those dishes that we make all the time because it’s so simple and easy to put together.
Since it’s such a simple recipe, it’s always all hands on deck to get to created and ready for dinner. And I must admit, it’s a really fun recipe to make.
Taking the classic spaghetti taste that you love but then added into a pan and layered with cottage cheese and cheese. It’s like spaghetti meets lasagna and it’s a match made in taste bud heaven.
If you like this simple recipe, make certain to check out this easy Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup recipe as well!
I’m usually not a fan of mash-up recipes but this one is different. The perfectly cooked noodles combined with the meat and cheese create a hearty dish in a short amount of time.
The kids love it because who doesn’t love eating noodles? And I love it even more because it totally makes cleanup a breeze. Since it’s basically all baked together in one simple dish, it’s just a lot less clean up and stress to have to deal with once dinner is done.
We MIGHT add in some extra cheese here and there on top of what the recipe calls for, but that’s just because we’re pretty crazy about our cheese. You can add in as much or as little as you want. (It’s delicious no matter what!)
Keep in mind that this dish tastes delicious as leftovers too so you can totally enjoy this recipe more than once.
- 1pkg spaghetti noodles
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 TBS butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1lbs ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2-3 cups of cottage cheese
- 2-3 cups mozzarella cheese
1.Preheat oven to 325′
2. Boil your noodles according to the package on the stove. While the noodles are cooking fry up your hamburger with the onions, bell pepper, and garlic.
3. Spray your 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. I love the avocado spray from Costco for an all-natural non-stick cooking spray that doesn’t cost a ton and works wonderfully. Once your noodles are cooked strain and pour them into your 9×13 pan cut your butter into slices if using sticks and mix well into your noodles letting all the butter melt. You could also just melt the butter beforehand. Once your butter is melted mix in the Parmesan cheese and egg. Mix them together until all the ingredients are all well mixed. Press into the bottom of your pan.
4. Next, put a layer of cottage cheese over the noodles. This is where you can decide just how much cottage cheese you want to use which is why the amount can vary. We usually put just a thin layer over the noodles. Follow up with a light layer of mozzarella cheese.
5. Finally, pour your jar of marinara or spaghetti sauce into your cooked ground beef. Then pour it over the top of your mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Top with a layer of mozzarella cheese on the top and cook for about 10 more minutes until cheese is melted.
7. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
NOTE: As the spaghetti pie gets a bit cooler, it will be easier to remove the pieces without them sliding apart into different layers.
Looking for more delicious dinner recipes like this spaghetti pie? Or maybe a treat to go along with it? Head over to my Pinterest page where you will find many more delicious ideas!
This post may be linked up with some or all of THESE great linky parties. Make sure to head over to find more great ideas from fellow bloggers.