As I stated during my Pumpkin Bread recipe every month we make many different types of breads and muffins, usually these are eaten for snacks. These, however, we make and everyone eats them for healthy breakfast muffins idea. Since we do not eat cereal or other processed foods for breakfast, this is a recipe that is always loved in our house.
We use all organic ingredients to make our muffins, so not only are they a healthy breakfast idea they are also a clean eating breakfast idea 😉 . During the year as fruit is available at our farmers market, we will get different fruits and add those in as well. They are great with blueberries, apples, raspberries, and even mixing a few different fruits as well.
Some months we will make a triple batch and put them in the freezer for a quick morning breakfast idea. They come out of the freezer pretty moist we have discovered, which does not happen with all bread that has been frozen!
Strawberries and Creme Breakfast Muffins
- -1 Stick Butter
- -1 1/4 Cups Raw Honey
- -2 Eggs
- -2 Cups Organic Flour
- -2 tsp Baking Powder
- -3/4 cup Milk
- -1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- -20 Strawberries Chopped
- -1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350'
- In a bowl mix together the butter and honey until mixed well.
- Add eggs and mix together until just blended.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour flour mixture into the bowl of butter and honey and mix until just blended.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Fold in Strawberries.
- Flour or put liners into muffin tins.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Stick a toothpick or fork in the center, if it comes out clean you know it's done.
- Let cool and Enjoy!
What is you’re families favorite breakfast food? Leave a comment letting me know, I would love to hear from you!
I am linking up with these great linky parties, stop over for other great recipes or great ideas from fellow bloggers.