If you are looking for the perfect summer craft for kids, this Paper Butterfly Craft is exactly what you’ve been searching for.
When it comes to finding crafts for the summer that kids enjoy, it can be a bit tough. Kids nowadays are wanting crafts that are fun, engaging and unique so that they can feel as though they are creating something completely different than anything they’ve done before.
With this Paper Butterfly Craft, your kid will love how fun and unique this craft truly is. From the moment that they start, they’ll be hooked by the beautiful colors of the butterfly wings.
Who can deny the beauty of a butterfly? Everything about this summer craft is kid-friendly and easy. In all reality, your child can create this craft from start to finish entirely by themselves!
Make certain to have all the needed supplies on hand and let your little ones have hours of fun creating and playing with this kid’s summer craft. They will love seeing the end result of this Paper Butterfly Craft after creating it entirely on their own!
List of Supplies:
- Colored craft paper
- Craft glue
- Black marker or gel pen or sharpie
- Downloadable FREE Butterfly Template
- Select what color craft paper you would like to use for the main parts (wings and body) of the butterfly. Trace the wings, body and the 2 antennas on the selected craft paper (using the FREE downloadable template above). Use scissors to cut out the traced patterns.
- Use either a black gel pen or a sharpie marker to draw the smiley face and stripes on the cutout body part from the previous step.
- Take the 2 antennas and glue them at the top end of the back side of the body part.
- Now select different colored craft papers to trace the wing patterns on them. Trace the patterns nicely and cut them out using scissors.
- Take the cut out colorful patterns and glue them on the wings, on their position one by one.
- Attach the patterns nicely on their appropriate places; check the template to have a clear idea about the patterns’ positions on the wings.
- Similarly, attach the patterns on the other wing. You can use random colors for each pattern or keep a balanced color combination for each pattern.
- Take the body part (with the smiley face) and carefully attach it on the middle part of the wings.
- And last but not least, attach the small round and teardrop patterns on the colorful patterns attached on the wings.
- You can add customized pattern as well.