Everyone always tends to think of pineapple as a summer fruit that’s only in-season when the hot weather comes around. In our house, that’s 100% incorrect! We love to eat pineapple 12 months out of the year, and this Pineapple Whip Pie is one of the reasons why!
Don’t get me wrong…this pineapple pie is absolutely delicious during those hot summer months but it’s also just as amazing in the spring, fall and winter! Using canned pineapple instead of fresh really gives it the versatility to be able to be made at any point in time that you’re craving it.
Imagine sitting around a nice warm fire in the fireplace during winter and enjoying a slice of this Pineapple Whip Pie? Or what about enjoying a nice fall picnic outside with this pie as your dessert? No matter how you look at it, this pie is perfect no matter what season it is.
Not only does the flavor taste out of this world, but it’s so simple to make as also! I have plenty of little hands helping in the kitchen at all times and they couldn’t wait to jump in and help with this pie. They loved the ease of the recipe, plus they got to “clean” off all those spoons we used as well!
Add this pie to your dessert menu because it’s a true winner!
- 1 8 ounce package Cool Whip
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 3 ounce package pineapple Gelatin
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 4 ice cubes
- In a mixing bowl empty package of Jello-o and add boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Add ice
cubes and cold water, mix until melted.
- Add Cool Whip and whisk until blended.
- Gently fold in pineapple.
- Pour into prepared crust and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set.